The time has finally come to reveal our kitchen make-over. What started out as a 6 week project turned into the 7 month project from hell! Anything that could’ve gone wrong, went wrong. Even after months of pre-planning, Gannt charts and double checking everything. We had cabinets that didn’t fit; doors that were warped; fridges, microwaves and vent hoods that didn’t fit; walls that undulated; ovens that didn’t work… I’m glad to say that this nightmare project has now come to an end, and boy was it worth the wait!
Here’s a reminder of what it used to look like…
And here’s the new kitchen…
Full list of products used:
- Cabinets: Austin cabinets in Urban Stone by Cliqstudios
- Countertop and backsplash: Calacatta Gold by Silestone
- Flooring: Vintage French Oak by Lumber Liquidators
- Cabinet hardware: Knobs by Emtek style 86152US3NL, pulls by Emtek style 86123US14 both in polished nickel
- Window: 400 Series by Andersen Windows & Doors
- Paint: White Veil by Behr
- Kitchen chandelier: Halo by Gallery
- Dining room chandeliers: Rosalias modern cage light by Warehouse of Tiffany
- Oven: Slide-in gas range by Samsung (model:NX58H9500WS)
- Refrigerator: Counter-depth refrigerator by Samsung (model: RF23M8070SR)
- Faucet / tap: Alea pull-down faucet in polished nickel by Pfister
- Instant hot water faucet / tap: Insinkerator in polished nickel
- Sink: Apron front sink by IPT Sink Company
- Stools: Gelsomina counter stool by Joss & Main
- Upholstered dining chairs: Kenleigh tufted side chair by Wayfair with upholstery nails added
- Dining table: Emma dining table by Hom Furniture
- Cane dining chairs: Bought from a friend
To learn about how the kitchen was planned read my blog ‘Goodbye 1987’. To learn how to overcome common kitchen renovation problems read my other blog post ‘Kitchen update: How to avoid delays’.
As always, thanks for reading!
Jo (aka Britflipper)
7 responses to “Kitchen Reveal”
Looks great!-Linda >
It looks amazing Jo! Absolutely love the changes you’ve made – they reflect your impeccable taste and search for just the right elements to make your vision a reality. I think it came out better than your renderings.
I feel like I’ve gone through most of this process in lockstep with you! And thought we have very different styles – I truly appreciate the glamour and bling in your otherwise traditional kitchen. I wish I had the space for a separate dining area – and right now our old table and server are not going to cut it! Hopefully we can either transform them with some paint and stain…. or eventually replace them entirely as they no longer go with our floors!
Your light fixtures are just amazing! We finally found something – much more of an industrial style than I would have liked if I didn’t have a husband to compromise with! He’s going to try to hang them tonight. I’m not excited about the prospect of him on a ladder atop my new counter tops. Also….the light has a pully with a heavy counterweight – I suggested we put a mattress on top of the island lol. Just in case.
I love the Calcutta Gold counters – I looked at them and really love them in person. They look so elegant in your kitchen. I wish I had all the space for the cabinets you have! Shortage is short in my small space!
Really great job done.
Thank you April! They are very kind words. It means a lot to me to get such great feedback.
Jo, totally gorgeous. How can you not love cooking and entertaining friends and family in your beautiful space? Enjoy it! You increased the value of your home a tremendous amount with this project. Your home is so wonderful all around. Great spaces, great location. A true dream home. I love it!
Ah thanks so much Mary! I’m glad to hear that it may have increased the value. That’s why we bought in this location, to try and get a safe investment. We’ll for sure enjoy living in it and entertaining in it for now. But I still have my eye on a place with land one day. Then it will be someone else’s dream home. ☺️
[…] mirror adds the obligatory element of glam. If you’ve seen my other room makeovers, like the kitchen or master bathroom, you’ll know I love to add a bit of glam. I love this mirror from Lamps […]